Digital marketing is all marketing efforts that use electronic devices or the internet. Businesses use digital channels such as email, social media, a website to connect with current and prospective customers. Digital marketing can be done online or offline. Below are digital marketing tactics.
1. Search Engine Optimization
SEO is the process of optimizing your website to get free or paid traffic from search engine traffic. Search engine like google will scan and crawl your website to understand whats it’s all about. Therefore your website must have keywords related to your respective field. Keyword optimization means researching, analyzing and selecting best keywords that will drive traffic from Google to your website. Avoid keyword stuffing which an unethical SEO process that includes loading keywords on a webpage in order to manipulate the search engine. There are different ways SEO experts use to generate high-quality traffic to your website, they include:
On-Page SEO which includes
- Title page: It should be on every page of your website and should have a Keyphrase.
- Subheadings: They break down your content to make it easier for your audience to understand. They also make it easier for search engines to understand your content.
- Internal Links: Help search engines understand what your website is all about and increases click rate which is important for SEO.
- Image tags and ALT tags: Images are also part of the content on your website. They appear as part of the search results when people perform image searches.
Off-Page SEO which includes:
- Social Signals: This is achieved by sharing your content on social media e.g Facebook, Instagram Twitter, etc.
- Back-links: Publish quality content and build a relationship with influencers who can link back to your website with their own content.
- Create Trust: Get search engines to trust your content by creating high-quality content.
Technical SEO is made up of three parts:
- Hypertext Markup Language (HTML): This is the backbone of your website. It is defined by titles, paragraphs, lists, etc
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS): It is how your website looks like. Generally the appearance of your website pages.
Check out our SEO page for more information HERE
2. Content Marketing
This is the promotion of content to a target audience with the intention of generating leads, increasing traffic, brand awareness and converting leads to customers. It Includes:
- Blog Stories: Writing articles on your website not only helps with SEO but it also demonstrates your expertise in the industry. People value information that solves their problems so when you share your expertise with your target audience, they start believing in you and eventually trust your brand.
- Videos: Consumers today prefer viewing videos more than they prefer reading the text. This is because videos are much more engaging than text. It’s actually one of the best ways to reach your target audience no matter which industry you are in. Some videos include animation videos, explainer videos, and video profiles.
- Info-graphics: Info-graphics are a visual representation of your content. It’s easier to digest because it includes eye-catching visuals and brief, comprehensive content.
Check out our Content Marketing page for more information HERE
3. Social Media Marketing
This is where you promote your brand through social media channels to generate leads and to create brand awareness. Some popular social media channels used include YouTube, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter. You must first understand the social demographics of each platform before deciding which platforms make sense for your brand to capitalize on.
4. Email Marketing
Email marketing is the use of email to promote goods and services. It’s a great way to create a great relationship with your customers by keeping them up to date with the updates of your brand. Email marketing gives a higher ROI because you do not have to put up ads to ensure your email reaches the right people. This is because your email list consists of people who have given you permission to send them emails. Email marketing has proven to be one of the most effective forms of marketing with more than 35% conversion rate.